VEGGIE TORTILLA SOUPPosted by Roxanne Perregaux on May 12, 2020 in Health Blog, Recipes, Uncategorized | Comments Off on VEGGIE TORTILLA SOUP
VEGGIE TORTILLA SOUP
2 Tbsp. coconut oil or vegetable broth
1 diced onion 2 red bell peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced 3 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
3 cans (4 oz.) chopped green chile peppers, drained
7 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper and chili powder to taste
1 can or 1 ½ cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 can (15 oz.) black beans
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans
½ cup almond meal
Optional: spinach or 1 zucchini, chopped
Toppings: 12 ounces tortilla chips, Avocado, Dairy-free Sour Cream (page 67)
1. Heat the oil/broth in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the pepper, onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
2. Mix in the tomatoes and chile peppers.
3. Pour in the broth and season with salt/pepper/ chili powder.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Mix corn and beans into the soup and continue cooking at least 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the almond meal to thicken. Add the spinach or zucchini and cook until tender.
7. Serve in bowls over equal amounts of tortilla chips. Top with avocado and/or dairy-free sour cream.
REACH YOUR DAILY VEGGIE GOAL – Definitley add the avocado, spinach and zucchini!!!
Makes 4-6 servings
This recipe shared from our Juice Plus Taste the Shred Cooking Guide. Click on “PRODUCTS” for more info on Juice Plus!