Squash, Turmeric and Ginger SoupPosted by Roxanne Perregaux on Aug 21, 2020 in Health Blog, Inflammation, Recipes | Comments Off on Squash, Turmeric and Ginger Soup
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 olive oil OR Coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped fennel (1 small head) OR ½ cup fennel seeds
- 1 leek , cleaned and sliced
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves , minced OR pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (about 2″ piece)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 6 Tbsp. cilantro – 4 Tbsp. washed and chopped. 2 Tbsp. washed, stems removed and leaves torn into small pieces.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can lite coconut milk
- Heat the olive or coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the fennel, leeks, carrots, and squash. Saute, stirring, for 3 – 5 minutes until the veggies soften. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper stir and saute for an additional 3 -4 minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add 4 Tbsp. cilantro and stir.
- Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes then add to a blender and process until creamy. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Divide into cups, sprinkle with cilantro leaves (2 Tbsp. – or more) and serve immediately.